About Thorncrest Outfitters
Janette and Tim are the proud partners of Thorncrest Outfitters in Southampton on Lake Huron.
We would like to welcome you to our Online Adventures. Within the pages of our website we will introduce to you all that Grey and Bruce Counties have to offer for the outdoor adventurers. We would like to be of assistance to you and your family with friendly information, as well as quality products for both rental and retail.
Our first love is canoeing
The Saugeen watershed is a great place to spend your leisure time. We are within walking distance to Lake Huron from our Southampton location, known worldwide for its sunsets. Our Paisley location is almost right on the Saugeen River where you can start your 3-day paddling trip (predetermined shuttle service or customized package), and a few miles away from the Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority. With the increased interest in the sport of kayaking, both Sea as well as River, we offer rental and retail as well as summer programs for kids and adults.
Use our web site to make your adventure the best it can be!
You will find links to various tourism sites in the area as well as some of the features of Bruce and Grey counties that we particularly like and believe will be of interest to you. Be sure to check out our Where we are and how to get here page for directions and assistance in planning your trip.
- Riverfront Store (New June 2022)
- Southampton Store (under renovation)
- Port Elgin Store (new 2021)
- Locations - maps
- Saugeen Rail Trail - Hiking, cycling and skiing trail between Southampton and Port Elgin.
- Where we are & how to get here
- Events Calendar - See what we've got planned!
- Visiting our area - Bruce and Grey County information and links to tourism sites.
- Links Links and Links - Some of our favourites plus suppliers and others!