Saugeen River Kayak Fishing Trip
A day on the mighty Saugeen River with professional sports fisherman Jeff Scott along one of Southern Ontarios most kayak friendly river systems. Bring your fishing gear or use ours, round up your friends and let our team do the rest. We provide you with angler model kayaks, shuttle service from your parking to the put in and expert advice on how to get the most exciting day of fishing possible.
Great for groups of 2 to 4 anglers. Winding 102 km through the scenic countryside and pretty "small-town Ontario", the main Saugeen River Paddling Route stretches from Hanover to Southampton, where it empties into Lake Huron.
We are offering 3 distinct sections that feature great fishing, sceanery and paddling. Fish species found on the Saugeen river include small and largemouth bass, pike, perch, catfish and musky.
Dates Offered, Scheduled Meeting Locations/Times
- Friday, July 28th, 2017 - Meet time 8:10am at Saugeen River Access 14 on County Road 3 . Put in at Access 13.
- Sunday, July 30th, 2017 - Meet time 8:20am at Saugeen River Access 13, Country Road 17 west of Burgoyne. Put in at Access 12.
- Tuesday, August 1st, 2017 - Meet Time 8:45am at Access point 9B Paisley Rotary Park. Putin at Access 8.
Things to bring
- Valid fishing license - must have. Sorry we do not sell permits.
- Your favorite fishing rods (spiner or caster), fishing tackle and gear. Or use our complete kits
- Waterproof camera - we practise catch and release fishing.
- Ample water, lunch, snacks in waterproof containers.
- Polarized sunglasses, glasses keeper, hat and sunscreen and insect repellants.
- Weather appropriate clothing which may include rain gear, UV protective clothing options, water footwear, waterproof gloves.
CONSIDERATIONS: Trips may be cancelled or changed due to hazardous weather conditions. Minimum of 2 participants registered to run, maximum 4. We adhere to a "leave no trace" policy. Intoxicants not permitted.
Includes: Expert fishing guide, rental angling kayak with paddling and safety equipment, basic fishing equipment, shuttle service.
Difficulty Level: beginner
Age: 10 to 100
Distance: 7 to 10 kilometers
Duration: 5 hours
Meet at: Meet at your designated Saugeen River Access parking point at the time scheduled as descibed in description.
Upcoming datesFriday, July 28, 2017
Sunday, July 30, 2017
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
book this package